Monday, December 14, 2009

Heard on the street yesterday

My wife and I were blessed to be in Baton Rouge yesterday to attend a reception for outgoing Bishop Charles Jenkins and his wife Louise. First, we stopped by St. Luke's Church (where I used to serve as deacon) and were spiritually nourished by a beautiful Advent Lessons and Carols service. Fr. Brien Koehler, et al, are doing tremendously good work at my old church and it is heart warming to see.

While at the reception for Bs. Jenkins, a former parishioner of mine pulled me into a corner to talk about the Diocese of Louisiana and the Bishop-elect. She asked me plain and simple, "are we in trouble?"

To which I simply replied: "yes"

Best wishes to Charles and Louise as they start their new life in a new home tucked away in one of the most beautiful areas of south Louisiana.

No comments: